"My work investigates language’s link to objects. The manner in which we label ‘things’ is the manner in which they perform, functionally and aesthetically.
Objects literally change and look, mean and function completely differently anytime anyone looks, thinks or touches them.
We are all losing, bit by bit, the belief in our reality."
Alex McNamee graduated from the Slade in 2013. She is an artist and director of Muddy Yard, a non-profit, project space in Brixton. Which runs exhibitions, gigs, screenings, and workshops.
Most recent and notable exhibitions include:
- eating drawing talking (OUTPOST gallery, Norwich 2017)
- Glaze (Icingroom, London 2017) - Solo show But or Either (Muddy Yard, London, 2017)
- RSA Open Exhibition (Royal Scottish Academy, Edinburgh 2016)
- Virtue Foils (SPARK, New York, 2015)
- Bloomberg New Contemporaries (Spike Island, Bristol and The ICA, London 2014)
See more of her work here: http://alexmcnamee.co.uk
You can view this exhibition online, on Facebook or in person on the corner of Vestry Road and Peckham Road, Camberwell, London SE5 8QL