This will be such an exciting weekend of discovery, developing what you already know!
- using a variety of ways of printing on fabric with leaves. For example you might of heard of using an "iron blanket" -all will become very clear!
- steaming our bundles as well as putting them in a dye bath, to see the different effects that can be achieved.
- printing onto large pieces of paper to then use a range of folding techniques to make exciting small books.
- using some exciting shibori techniques to get some original and exciting patterns.
- experimenting with making printing ink with natural dyes.
And there'll be time to play and experiment.
All materials will be provided - including silk noil, watercolour paper, prepared cotton and several dye baths. A homemade lunch is also included in the price, as well as refreshments throughout the day.