Book now: Just £40 (£30 Early Bird tickets available until 12 noon on Tuesday, 28th August)
Why should you attend?
- Get direct and professional advice on the key logistics of how to structure a creative business and how to build an audience for your business
- Find out about how to turn your making into your brand and a business tool
- Hear a presentation by an experienced maker, offering their knowledge, advice and expertise on how they set up their business.
What will you go away with?
- Awareness on the logistics that need to be considered on where to start with marketing your craft, the potential costs and how to utilise your time and investment
- Advice on the toolkits, planning and top tips on how to manage your time, how to price your work and the potential outlets available to your products.
- Key knowledge and advice given to finding your unique selling point that will help establish your brand
Who is speaking?
- Talent Development manager Caroline Jackman, has over 20 years’ experience in working in the arts and working to support the business and creative development of artists and makers from amateurs to established professionals.
- Anna Gravelle will be providing an insight to her business and giving valuable advice on her experiences with setting up her businesses. Anna creates luxurious textile artworks and interior products alongside bespoke solutions for private clients and industry collaborators.
What to bring?
- You will have a chance to chat to other makers and like minded people, bring a small sample of your work; an image on a postcard or an image on a digital device to share with other delegates at this event
£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info
Career Start Up workshop is part of a series of workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to export and promote their work successfully.