Call For Submissions - New Mills Arts Trail
14 Sep 2012 – 30 Sep 2012
People who have saved this event:
Call for Submissions Open Contemporary Art Exhibition
AboutCall For Submissions New Mills Arts Trail 2012
About New Mills Arts Trail
New Mills Arts Trail is a rich and exciting contemporary art trail held throughout the town. The trail has in the past been held at the beginning of the year but for 2012 we have teamed up with New Mills Community Festival, Friday 14th until Sunday 30th September , wwwnewmillsfestival.co.uk The New Mills Arts Trail works closely with local shop keepers and businesses with all artwork being primarily displayed in shop windows in the centre of town. This year there will be several other venues added to the trail.
The trail centres on the work of local and regional artists, but emphasis is always on quality of work with visual impact to create a striking display.
You can keep up to date with progress on our facebook page hereâ¦ www.facebook.com/NewMillsArtsTrail
To register your interest stage 1:
Send us up to 6 images that are representative of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org include approx dimensions of the work that you will displaying along with the medium and any other relevant information.
Send us up to 250 words about you and your work, you can also include links to personal websites f you wish.
The deadline for this first stage is midnight 2nd August
You will be notified by midnight August 12th 2012 of the outcome of the first stage selection.
After this the team will match up your work with the various venues and supply contact details for you to arrange to view the display area and arrange installation.
Terms and conditions
1. New Mills Arts Trail reserve the right to curate the trail, based on submissions that answer the call and the number of available displaying venues.
2. By submitting you are agreeing to allow New Mills Arts Trail and New Mills Festival to use images and written material to promote the art trail and your practice.
3. If selected you are agreeing to deliver install and remove your work from the venue chosen by New Mills Arts Trail. The team can support you in the installation of the work.
4. Work to be installed by Friday 14th September
5. Work to be on display till Sunday 30th September, any work sold to be collected after this date.
6. Work to be removed during the week beginning 1st October or by a date arranged with the venue.
7. New Mills Arts Trail will produce a trail map guide of the selected artists which will be available in outlets around the town and through a download link on New Mills Festival website.
8. Artists are responsible for their own public liability insurance and New Mills Arts Trail will not be held liable for any costs incurred.
9. The Arts Trail will be promoted as part of New Mills Festival.
10. New Mills Arts Trail reserves the right to prioritise selection of works by location: 1. Local 2. Regional 3. National
11. New Mills Arts Trail does not set out to make selling opportunities, however works can be sold through direct negotiations between the purchaser and artist.