Dark Yellow Dot aims to highlight the cultural diversity of young artists with a strong personal vision and innovative approach to art making. We are curating an exhibition in honour of Black History Month 2018, and will be featuring the work of London based artists to display selected works, at the Genesis Cinema Gallery Space in East London.
The Genesis Cinema has been offering entertainment in London's East End since 1848. With a rich and jam packed history, it had once housed performances by Charlie Chaplin, Laurel & Hardy, and Barbra Windsor to name a few. Now it's a bustling independent cinema with an ambient cafe and cocktail bar and is known for showcasing local artists in its popular gallery space.
Both the artist and the artwork must be in London to be considered, as both Dark Yellow Dot and Genesis prides itself on promoting local arts and culture.
About your artwork:
- represents themes that aim to celebrate/honour/bring awareness to black culture/identity
- artworks must be original, created by the artist
- any medium (except Film/Video)
- maximum size of artwork: 6ft x 5ft
- can be easily supported on a wall and doesn't protrude more than 6 inches in depth.
- completed in the last 3 years
- prepared for hanging by 9:00am October 9st, 2018
- Identifies as Black British
- studying or practicing as an artist
- will be under 30yrs old
- currently living in London
>>> SEND ARTWORK TO : bit.ly/DarkYellowDot-Submit
Exhibition Installation: October 9th (May be subject to change)
Unfortunately there will be no opening evening for this exhibition.
For more details send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org