ASC is a registered charity that exists to support artists. We provide work space to over 750 visual artists across 11 buildings located in South and East London. Over 4 weekends in November, you are invited to visit all our buildings, meet the artists in their studios and see the work they are developing and attend special events and workshops. There is a diverse mix of practitioners participating from recent graduates to artists with international reputations. This event is a real opportunity to see and gain a better understanding of contemporary art. In some cases you will also be able to buy art directly from the artist without gallery commission.
11th - 26th November
Opening hours: 12-6pm
Private View: 6-9pm
Special events are listed below. Please check website for details and updates. http://www.ascstudios.co.uk/asc-open-studios/
Event dates: 11th, 12th November
- 47c Streatham Hill, Streatham, SW2 4TT
- 246 Stockwell Road, 3RD Floor Brixton, SW9 9SP
Event dates: 10th, 12th November
- Brixton Village Market, 73B Fifth Avenue, 63 and 64 Fourth Avenue, SW9 8PS
Event Dates: 18th, 19th November
- Newcross Gate, Bond House, Goodwood Road, SE14 6BL. Special events: (1) Dark room workshop, Visual demonstrations of photographic processing and workshops inviting you to create your own piece of photography (David Whiting); (2) Untitled Exhibition, participating artists: Danielle Valz Gen, Ray Alford, Jackson Webb, Mark Jackson, Nick de Jassy, Chiho Iwaso, Michael Lawton, Elena Colman, Mathew Clum, Declan Jenkins, Jonathan Lockwood, Damien Borowick, Sam Moon, Laura Barnett, Stephen Boyd, Declan Jenkins, Jason Ramanah, Joey Holder.
- Greenwich, Hiltons Wharf, Norman Road, SE10 9QX
Event Dates: 25th, 26th November
- Erlang House, 128 Blackfriars Road, SE1 8EQ. Special events: (1) Open Shelves, a visual reference library open to visiting public and the studio artists, generated from books on loan from artists in Erlang House (2) 20x20, a series of ultra-brief presentations, based on the Pecha Kucha idea (3) The Thing is The Thing, a group exhibition that brings together artists whose work reflects an idiosyncratic response to science and technology.
- 38-40 Glasshill Street, SE1 0QR
- Octavia House, Union Street, SE1 OLR
- 16A Wyndham Road, Camberwell, SE5 OUH