When change is the only constant in the 21st Century Art World, relationships are key to success. Attend this talk with London gallerist Kristin Hjellegjerde, in conversation with Be Smart About Art Founder Susan J Mumford, to gain insight into how artists and gallerists are working together today, what's shifting as we kick off the year, and to ask your own question in the Q + A.
- Kristin's own art world story and what she's seen change in the industry since her gallery opened in 2012;
- Models for developing professional partnerships in 2018;
- Strategies - and realities, for building relationships in the art world;
- Spotting opportunities and getting in front of people with whom you'd love to work and collaborate;
- Effectively following-up dream professional partners (including real-life stories);
- Why it's important to work to your strengths in collaborative relationships (and what this looks like);
- Insights for building partnerships to last; and
- Dealing with conflict (including building even better relationships);
Sound good? Join the talk, bring your questions and be ready to learn a lot about the art world in 2018!
This event is a collaboration between Be Smart About Art and the Mall Galleries as part of the Federation of British Artists Futures Exhibition, January 2018.
About Be Smart About Art:
This online-accessible organisation based out of London helps art professionals thrive in a changing industry by providing professional development support, mentoring, a members' community, networking opportunities and more. Find out more at www.besmartaboutart.com and connect with us on social media @besmartaboutart Sign up to our mailing list via www.besmartaboutart.com and start receiving our weekly blog post about the art world.
"Art is your life. Make it your living."