An intensive ten hour workshop that teaches you the necessary tools and skills to manage a commercial gallery space. The workshop covers: Contemporary Art Gallery Management, Art Management, Marketing & Communication for Art Galleries, Artist Relations, Buyer Relations, Exhibition Planning, Budget Projection, Exhibition Curation, Exhibition Design, Art Handling & Installation.
The course is taught by Tina Ziegler, experienced gallery manager and curator. Through an informative 2 day workshop, Tina introduces the course in three specific classes covering all the key aspects of working in the art market and presented in a easy ‘how to’ format. This is the perfect short course to introduce you to the art market and will give you a complete overall understanding of how the art market works and the the hands on skills required to start working with art.
Since 2010, this course has been taught to more than 200+ students in London, Uk and has built a network of successful curators, gallery managers and artists..
AN INTENSIVE 3-PART COURSE:
- PART ONE: ART GALLERY MANAGEMENT:
- We start this course with an introduction to the art market and we discuss how to manage a commercial art gallery. The courses teaches you how to manage artists, how to price artworks, manage buyers and art collections. It also will teach you the tools to use to promote your gallery and manage the overall gallery space.
- PART TWO: ART EXHIBITION DESIGN AND CURATING:
- This is part of the workshop we look at a complete Step by step guide to curating and managing an art exhibition. You will learn how write artist-gallery agreements, how to select works for an exhibition, how to curate an exhibition and manage an art event.
- PART THREE: ART HANDLING AND INSTALLATION:
- To finish off, we discuss art handling and you will be in given a complete step by step guide to art handling, shipping and installing art in a gallery space. We also discuss how to store artworks and how to light artworks.
Up coming Dates: Saturday & Sunday: 6 - 7 February 2016
Or/ Saturday & Sunday: 20 - 21 Februrary 2016
Location: In Central London. - Location to be supplied once you apply.
Price: 180.00 GBP. All materials included.
Seats available: 12
Apply via: Www.getupbcn.com or E-mail: Getupbcn@gmail.com
“Whether you are a student looking to start a career in the commercial art world or a gallery manager looking to hone your skills this course is relevant to all. Tina’s wealth of knowledge is invaluable, and coupled with her relaxed delivery style presents gallery management as an exciting but obtainable challenge.” – Ruth
“ Absolutely fantabulous workshop teaching you everything you need to know about gallery management and business. Highly recommended to everyone involved in gallery/art business or thinking about dealing with art and artists in the future. I personally would recommend this workshop to students of art colleges and schools if they think whether to go into this business or not. Lovely atmosphere, many interesting useful ideas and fantastic students attending this workshop. Don’t hesitate to buy this course, you’ll get 10 hours of amazing and inspiring workshop. I loved these two days with Tina Ziegler and my class mates. Many thanks, Tina, for your workshop. “ – Irina
“This course was exactly what I was looking for in order to understand the world of the small art gallery. Tina made it interesting, informative and enjoyable. I would certainly recommend the course to anyone wishing to gain some knowledge of curating and managing an art gallery.”- June
“ Just wanted to say thanks to Tina for this absolutely essential, very informative workshop. Will definitely look for her courses again. Many thanks. “ – Jill