In a small group, you will be guided through the whole process of film photography from shooting to developing your work. You will be taught each basic component and process of using darkroom equipment, culminating in creating your very own black and white photographs using Ilford chemicals and photographic paper provided by the tutor.
This workshop is suitable for complete beginners who are new to photo making.
· Introduction to Health & Safety
· Loading & using your analogue camera
· Analogue photo-walk around the beautiful and historic business quarter, focusing on exposure, composition and metering
· Mixing chemistry
· Processing your film
· Drying & cutting negatives
· Light box viewing & phone app inversion
· Questions & a brief outline of Day 2 (darkroom)
· Introduction to the room and materials, and health & safety
· Different kinds of format
· Setting up the enlarger
· Making a contact print
· Making a test strip
· Creating the first print
· Using filters
· Dodging & Burning
· Creating your final prints
Rachel Brewster-Wright is a professional photographer and founder of Little Vintage Photography in Liverpool. She has expert knowledge in both analogue and digital photography and has taught a multitude of photography courses and workshops.
You will need to bring your own film camera and roll of film (Ilford HP5+ film, 24 exposures is ideal - usually around £4.50 per roll). All other chemicals and photographic papers will be provided on the day.
For more information
To make a bookinghttps://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/analogue-photography-weekend-tickets-84265013925