Adam Chodzko’s new video work ‘Thru hole I blind/O/Thru hole oui see’ explores the ways that forests are mapped, understood and perceived. The work draws on rich and diverse knowledge of the New Forest generously made available by a wide array of local specialists and organisations including Forestry England, National Parks Authority and The Verderers of the New Forest. The video is structured like a dream traversing this forest of information.
Streamed on Tele Vistas, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. The work will be repeated 4 times per stream.
Objects to accompany a viewing of the work:
When you view this work, please try to bring the following objects. If you can’t locate the ideal objects, we’ve also listed a domestic equivalent.
- Stone or pebble. Ideally a flint. (If not, a metal dessert spoon)
- A fir cone. (If not, an onion or potato)
- Some damp moss. ( If not, a slightly dampened piece of bread)
- Three leaves from 3 different trees. (If not, three socks from three separate pairs)
- An acorn. (If not, a £1 coin)
- A hawthorn twig or similar, but ideally including a thorn. (If not, a pencil)
- A piece of bark. (If not, a CD, DVD or pack of Post-It Notes)
Streamed daily 10 - 18 Nov, upcoming times:
Wed 11 Nov 15:00
Thur 12 Nov 16:00
Fri 13 Nov 17:00
Sat 14 Nov 18:00
Sun 15 Nov 19:00
Mon 16 Nov 20:00
Tue 17 Nov 21:00
Mon 18 Nov 22:00