A selection of international open calls and opportunities for contemporary art-related competitions, prizes, exhibitions, awards, proposals, and grants for artists, writers and curators.
1 Studio Space opportunity listed
Sorted by closing soon.
Updated: 06 September 2022
The Phoenix Studio Award offers one year of support through rent–free studio space and other opportunities.
Developed in direct response to the urgent need for affordable and secure workspace for artists, the availability of which has decreased significantly in recent years, the award aims to cultivate spaces where artists can connect in a supportive studio environment that facilitates creative possibilities, risk–taking, experimentation and exchange. As a Studio Award holder, the artist will be part of the wider network of artists at Phoenix.
Eligibility: The award supports artists at any stage of their careers including emerging and under–represented practices. We particularly welcome applications from artists who are marginalised or experience intersecting forms of discrimination. The Award will be allocated based on talent and need.
What you get: The one–year programme includes:
- A rent–free workspace at Phoenix Art Space (central Brighton) for one year, starting in November 2022.24–hour access. Please note the studio access is via stairs with no available lift.
- A Window Gallery Exhibition to conclude the time spent in the studio and present the body of work produced (if appropriate)
- Studio Visit with Phoenix Executive Director
- A Q&A session as part of the Window Gallery exhibition opening
- An Instagram takeover for a 1week period documenting their Phoenix experience
- Taking part in the annual Open Studios providing access to local and national arts audiences
- Phoenix has an Access Fund with which to support our Studio Award holder. (e.g., BSL interpretation costs, contribution to the cost of a personal carer). Specific access needs should be outlined in your application; however, this can be adapted during the duration of award depending on need identified.
Deadline 10 October 2022Phoenix Art Space