The RSA William Littlejohn Award grants £2000 for excellence and innovation in Water-based media. Funded by The William Littlejohn Bequest and administered by the Royal Scottish Academy, the award funds the research, development and production a new body of work in a water-based medium.
- Entrants must be working in water-based media (any pigment mixed with water).
- Entrants must be born in Scotland or have been resident in Scotland for at least 3 years.
- In the case of students applying, entrants must either be graduating in 2022 or currently studying at postgraduate level at one of the following art schools in Scotland - Gray's School of Art, Aberdeen, Duncan of Jordanstone Collage of Art, Dundee, Edinburgh Collage of Art, Glasgow School of Art, and University of the Highlands and Islands.
What you get:
- A monetary £2000 award to research, develop and produce a new body of work in a water-based medium
- An exhibition of selected completed work at the Royal Scottish Academy in 2023
- Acquisition of work into the RSA Permanent Collection; ‘A Recognised Collection of National Significance to Scotland’.
Back to all artist opportunties