The City of Albany Arts Committee invites artists to submit proposals for the Albany Creative Justice Art Project - the creation of a new public artwork that will actively engage residents of Albany, CA in creatively addressing past, present and future issues of social justice in the city and region.
Eligibility: Applications are welcome from individuals as well as teams, collectives, and collaborators.
- Evidence of professional achievement.
- Familiarity with Albany and its neighborhoods.
- Strong interest in engaging themes of social justice.
- A professional, artistic commitment to ethical engagement.
- Expertise in one or more: visual arts, performing arts, media arts, or other contemporary art practices.
- Experience with community arts, socially-engaged art, social practice art, interactive public art, and/or collaborative art practices. Experience with and sensitivity to an urban setting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working collaboratively
What you get: Project budget up to $30,000 USD, including artist fees/honorarium.
Deadline 08 February 2022
Albany Arts Committee