This AIR program aims to support art collectives/groups creating and exhibiting new artworks/projects taking Sapporo/ Hokkaido as a starting point for various types of research; for example, learning folk knowledge, field research, or engaging with local people.
- Being a collective/group that includes both of the following 1. Artists who have nationalities other than Japanese and live outside Japan 2. Artists who have Japanese nationality * Up to 3 people can stay at SAPPORO TENJINYAMA ART STUDIO during the same period. * It is possible to create a temporary collective/group for this open call.
- Be able to communicate in either English or Japanese with staff, fellow artists, and the local community.
- Be able to concentrate on their research and the program activities for the full period of 50 days.
- Be able to plan an exhibition for a month after the AIR period.
- Be able to understand and follow the aim of the International open call AIR program and proceed with their autonomous activities during their stay.
- Be able to record their own activities during their stay.
What you get:
- Letter of invitation from Sapporo city
- Traveling assistance for artists who have nationalities other than Japanese and live outside Japan
- Up to 250,000 yen budget for travel from oversea (only for artists who have nationalities other than Japanese and live outside Japan) per collective/group
- Up to 100,000 yen budget for travel from Japan(only for artists with Japanese nationality) per collective/group
- 500,000 yen budget for living expenses during the program period per collective/group
- 200,000 budget for production and research activities (various expenses such as materials and transportation) per collective/group
- Budget to hold the exhibition * It isn’t provided directly to the collective/group, but will be managed by the organizers.
- Interactive coaching from the selection committee
- Coordinating work including interpretation and translation during the program period
- Technical assistant for realizing the exhibition
- Specialized advice to manage one’s own physical and mental health and prevent the spread of novel coronavirus infection.
Deadline 08 August 2022
Back to all artist opportunties