We’re aware that for many artists, a major barrier to working in bronze is access to the processes - and the cost. In response, we created the London Bronze Fellowship. This is an opportunity for you to pitch a new work to us, which we will then share with potential sponsors who will select & jointly fund the fellowship with London Bronze Editions. The Fellow will have access to the Foundry to learn from the production, either in-person or remotely to create a Limited Edition of 3 artworks.
Our mission is to champion a contemporary approach to bronze casting. It’s a mindset we share with the artists & designers we work with - having the courage to ignore, bend and push the rules associated with our craft. Back in 2012 we began to invest in artists who had great ideas, but no cash to cast them. Some of those artworks ended up in Frieze, Masterpiece and a whole bunch of amazing galleries & museums. Some of those artists became represented by mega galleries. We still believe that small investments ensure remarkable artworks get made, providing artists with opportunities to learn our craft.
We’re open to hearing ambitious, experimental & creative ideas. It can be made using traditional or digital processes, where the work is ready to be cast, or needs development through 3D modelling.
Eligibility: Open to all UK-based artists, designers & creatives at any stage of their career. Current MA & PhD students are also eligible.
What you get:
- 3 castings will be made: one for the artist, one for London Bronze Editions & one for the London Bronze Fellowship Sponsor.
- The editions will be made by the technicians at London Bronze Casting. The Fellow will be given 20 hours dedicated workshop time to join the foundry staff in Farnham, England, during the making process to learn & assist in the casting process.
- This can take place in-person, remotely or a combination of both. This format will be agreed with the Fellow.
- There is no application fee.
- There will be no cost to the selected artist for production of the work. We are unable to assist with travel & accommodation costs.
- You do not need any prior experience with bronze casting to apply.
- The proposed artwork must have maximum dimensions of around 40cm H x 40cm W x 40cm D (Height, Width, Depth).
- The work must not have been made in bronze before.
- Copyright remains with the artist.
- You are able to submit 2 applications. If you submit 3, your first application will be discounted.
Deadline 29 August 2022
Back to all artist opportunties